Thursday, May 21, 2015

SOULCYCLE.

I have a few thoughts in regards to my first experience with soulcycle class.
I wanted to share and see what you guys think.

First, let me state I took my first class in Chestnut Hill. If you aren't familiar with the area this is a very wealthy outskirt of Boston.  This is relevant...

When I first walked in to SoulCycle I was very interested. Bright walls with bike tires that look like lemons all over the walls. A corner of apparel including some nice pieces made by lululemon (it was very difficult to walk past those...) The staff was super friendly and welcoming.


We got our shoes (sort of like getting bowling shoes, but not so gross) and headed to class.
Since we were waiting for the class before us to finish up we were all in the hallway. It's natural to look around and "people watch" if you will. Based off of this I wasn't a fan. What I noticed was a lot of people there for status more than the workout. It was like a giant lululemon advertisement- good thing I was in lulu!

Check this out:
SoulCycle Parody

So the class- It was dark. It was candle lit. It was HOT. I was nervous because I am rather claustrophobic. Once I stopped panicking- I was really able to get into it and enjoy it.
We had a super flamboyant instructor who has incredible. He made this class feel like spin, upper body workout, yoga, and a therapy session all in one. He was so motivating and said so many things that really stuck with me throughout the class. He had great music, high energy- and I will admit I am a little sore today. I left that class SATURATED in sweat, and happy.


I used the showers in the facility which were 10 stars. Loaded with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, even q-tips, razors and bandaids. I mean they had EVERYTHING.

I feel as though if there was a SoulCycle closer to home, I would frequent it. The price point I honestly think is high ($30 a class!) but it would be worth the occasional splurge- especially if it is doing your MIND AND BODY so much good. Kudos to James L. who led an amazing class.







I'm still kind of bummed I didn't buy the lululemon jacket that said SOUL on the back.




No comments:

Post a Comment